domingo, 15 de noviembre de 2009

FINAL SESSION (12) (week 15) >> WRITING A BRIEF ESSAY

Now days learning english is a very important thing, every student should know the basics, all of this because of the globalization. Many text books are in English, so it make us better students to be able to read them in their original language. An not only in text books is important to learn this language, it is also important when it comes to socialize with people in different countries that are studiyng the same as we. So I agree on the statement English is very important.

Now, if I have to talk about my personal expierence, the is a different subject. I am an older student, and I have lost my learnig skills. In the past, I was really motivated to learn english, and I found out that you have to compromise with it, I took a few courses when I was younger and realise I did not have the necesary skills to learn it easily, I had to try really hard to learn just the basic things.

Later on, when I was working, I realise how important it was, but still, I was not good enough; eventhough my housband and kids are very good at speaking and learning this language. But that it is just not my case.

My experience in Unversity, this time, has been a little different from the one before, mainly because I am in a different time of my life, and I do thing differently now. For instance, I don't completely agree with the fact that English is an obligatory course, bacause I know it takes time in order to really learn, and we have a lot of different classes, and that leaves us with no time to dedicate to this subject. So, he end up going to the English class after a busy week and it is really hard to concentrate.

But, besides that, for me it has been a really good experience. If I have to be honest, it is hard for my going to the classes, but once I am there, it is entertaining and I have a nice time with my teacher and classmates. Still, I don't realley know what to do to make it easy to study. It is really hard for me, I have to consult different dictionaries to use words, and many times I make mistakes.

1 comentario:

Juan Luzzi dijo...

Unfortunately, there is no choice, either you learn this language or you will miss out on conversations, lectures, opportunities, etc.
Don't worry too much about mistakes (Remember that even our Spanish is far from being perfect), what matters is that you get to communicate your ideas.

Corrections:
Because of the globalization, learning English is a very important thing nowAdays, THEREFORE every student should know the basics. Many text books are in English, so it makeS us better students to be able to read them in their original language. An not only BECAUSE OF text books IT is important to learn this language, it is also important when it comes to socializING with people FROM different countries that are studiyng the same as we. So I agree WITH the statement “English is very important”.

Now, if I have to talk about my personal expERIEnce, THAT’S a different subject/STORY. I am an older student, and I have lost my learnig skills. In the past, I was really motivated to learn English, and I found out that you have to compromise with it, I took a few courses when I was younger and realisED I did not have the necesSary ABILITY to learn it easily, I had to try really hard to learn just the basic things.

Later on, when I was working, I realiZED how important it was, but still, I was not good enough, REGARDLESS THAT my husband and kids are very good at speaking and learning this language. But that it is just not my case.

My experience in Unversity, this time, has been a little different from the one I HAD before, mainly because I am in a different time of my life, and I do thingS differently now. For instance, I don't completely agree with the fact that English is an obligatory course, bEcause I know it takes time in order to really learn IT, and we have a lot of different classes, and that leaves us with no time to deVOTE to this subject. So, We end up going to the English class after a busy week and it is really hard to concentrate.

But, IN SPITE OF THAT, for me it has been a really good experience. If I have to be honest, it is hard for mE TO go to classes, but once I am there, it is entertaining and I have a nice time with my teacher and classmates. Still, I don't really know what to do to make it easy to study. It is really hard for me, I have to consult different dictionaries to use words, and many times I make mistakes.